For some reason, I decided to update my home page to fix the Nerd Score link that has been broken for a long, long time. I think I tripped on a recent page that actually had the image associated with the Nerd Score, and it gave me the idea to look for it and update my page. Turns out I did find it, but when I did, I thought to myself, "self, why not take the test again?" And so I did...
I really improved my scrore, and I wasn't trying to! I wound up with a 98%, a Nerd God, so I treated myself and bought the BBQ smock from their online store. I think I can safely say I'm the first Nerd God in my neighborhood!
As another treat, I decided it's about time I started adding to the online content and push my own electrons around, so I installed BlogEngine.Net on my server. The installation couldn't have been easier...I simply copied the "web" version to my hosted site, edited the robot text file, and granted the write permission for ASPNET to write to the data folder. I also had to give the blog folder a new IIS application (which fortunately my host allows me to do). Once I did that, created myself as a user, and edited some settings, I was able to actually post this blog item using the blog engine. I'd tried working with DasBlog, but short of recompiling it to fit into my scenario, I just couldn't get it working. This software, however, worked the first time. Oh, I still get errors...I can't edit my profile yet, I need to figure out how they're doing themes, and I can hardly believe there is no CAPTCHA support when adding comments (I'll be fixing THAT real soon, I'm sure), but I'm stoked it came up so easily.
Sorry world...you'll now be subjected to my lunatic ravings. :)
(Update: profiles and themes now working...and BlogEngine.Net has a "hidden" CAPTCHA capability...I'll go with that for the moment.)